Creativity & Genre
The importance of having a creative process is that everything is unique. Usually there might be something that you thought about that no one else has tried yet. Using your creative mind will benefit your work so much, therefore every time I have an idea; I always write it down so that I don’t forget it. I have so many thoughts throughout the day, such as good present ideas for when its Christmas or someone's birthday, or something I need to stop and buy because it's important. But especially now, having this class and thinking about movies and magazines in detail and now having to think about how I'm going to create a movie just as good as all the others. My mind is always thinking about the camera angles I'm going to use, the setting, and genre of my movie. I’ve decided to research a little bit on adventurous movies, as if was fantasy or horror, I wouldn’t have the equipment to make something amazing. My research included the movies Fast and Furious and Avatar, as they both have a great story line, and the opening scenes were very intriguing, as were many other movies. In Fast and Furious the opening scene consisted of a car in a racetrack with the camera man. I want to emulate how well they got the camera angles and how well known this movie is due to its creativity. I use it as an inspiration. On the other hand, Avatar is also an action movie, but it has a lot of fantasy, with the characters and the setting, but other than that I want to emulate the story line of adventure it gave the audience. For my film I plan to have an open lighting, around sunset and I am planning to use the camera angles such as over the shoulder and POV to make the audience think that they are going to be part of the movie. The characters will be dressed differently so there can be a clear difference between the types of characters they will be.
During class we watched a TED talk, “The Theory of Creativity” that was very interesting. He was talking about how when we are children we think very creatively, but as we grow older, we only think about the facts and very narrowly. He told the audience to draw a house in 7 seconds, and he said that everyone will draw the same house. He said that the only people that have a creative mind is native experts as they have different views on something that is not in their field of expertise. They give their opinions and take it as a challenge to come up with something creative. Later during the week, we did an activity called “New Instructions” where we had to describe ourselves by naming 10 shoes that we own. I named many shoes that I own and matched them with something about myself, talking about the color, the type of style I usually would wear it with or if I don’t like them. This was a very good activity to open my mind and say something a little bit more creatively than I would usually say.
In the article “An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity in Learning and Life”, it states, “Creative expression in educational settings can often be a beautiful risk because sharing creative insights, ideas, and work not only stands to benefit oneself, but also has the potential to benefit others”, which is something very important to learn. Most people do not like going out of their comfort zone, so they stay quiet and only do the things they always do. But learning to express your ideas and to try something that you’ve never tried before it is worth the risk, and it can open your mind to see the rest of the world. As a director of this movie I want to create a more creative story and to make it fun for the actors, a well as for when i edit later i want to create something creative. My goal is to create a movie that will include the audience in my adventure and to give the movie a storyline as well as the great sense of adventure.
Comments
Post a Comment