Decision Day
Decision day, throughout the week I have learned many things. Started out with gathering pictures and a two-minute video, which later we would learn how to either make a movie or make a magazine. We downloaded Premiere pro and InDesign and we started out with watching a YouTube video on how to use these apps. In middle school I used Premiere Pro, so I knew what I was doing and I was excited to be able to work with it again. I remember all the tools such as how to add music, voice over, cut pieces of the clip and make it all flow together. When we got to practice on InDesign, I thought that the tools would be the same as Premiere Pro, but they are completely different which made it harder for me to understand. The difference between doing a magazine and a movie is that with a movie you can have many options on the different camera angles, lighting, the setting, the music and many other factors that are appropriate to create a good movie.
On the other hand, a magazine has different factors as well such as how the photographers need the perfect model to go with their main story, organize the background to match with the clothing and the text. For the magazine everything must follow a pattern, the same color scheme and the same font to make it all match. Usually the movie is telling the story through visual means while the magazine tells the story through words and pictures. According to the article "One Place in The Universe" “Technology supports a wealth of storytelling options and can be used to create digital book reviews, digital puppet shows, and even movies with green screen and video-authoring apps. All of these options can be elements of storytelling...” this quote exemplifies that technology is helpful in storytelling as it creates a digital story line that the audience can follow easily and not get lost.
Magazines are classical ways of receiving news or interesting facts. According to "Survival of the Fittest" "there's no doubt that online journals have helped literary writers find a wider audience, and, as Brenda points out, the idea that the quality of online publications isn't as high as in print is definitely outmoded". Some people have preferences between reading a magazine on paper or online. Some may prefer the texture of paper, others like the richness of digital media even though, the information is the same. “I believe that the magazines that adapt and remain creative and that also stick with their ideals will thrive”. This proves the point that no matter how the magazine delivers the information, either online or on paper, only quality will prevail. To conclude, my decision is to do a movie for my project, since there are many more options that I can utilize use to make a good movie.
Comments
Post a Comment