Production 1- Dialogue Decision

This week has been a long week as I was planning whether or not my film should have dialogue or not. I made a list of pros and cons. The pro side was the film did have dialogue and the cons side was the film without dialogue. On the pro side I put that the film with dialogue would be more understandable to the audience and it wouldn’t lose their attention, but on the cons side I concluded that a film without dialogue can send a message that could be more intriguing as they want to keep watching and try to figure out themselves what the film is about. The genre of my film is adventure and it also includes a lot of action, so it makes sense to me that there is no dialogue. I decided to have the characters have individual lines here and there but nothing that is too complex or long. I also decided on having the main character do a voice over, as in the beginning one can see it is her perspective and have her quickly say her story and what she’s doing traveling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Draft: Scappare

Production 5- Key Frames

Post Production 2- Review