Storyboard
Creating the storyboard was a challenging and creative process. Creating the storyboard itself was not hard but thinking about each camera angle used to shoot the shots and where the characters will be and what the characters will be saying was a bit more challenging. I knew what my film was going to be about originally, but throughout this assignment it really seemed as though my film was coming alive. I gave it deep thought in what to do in each film scene, and what to do to make it perfect. When creating the storyboard, I decided to write down everything that was happening in a little paragraph, which then I went back in and decided where the different scenes would be and the different camera angles that I would incorporate for that scene. This assignment really made me think about how much work that is involved when creating a film, and to think that my storyboard is only two minutes from my whole film. I thought a lot for these two minutes of storyboarding, so it really made me think to try and create the best possible storyboard. According to O’Brian, “Good films are the direct result of good ideas, good planning and good preparation,” which is really what this project is making me do. It really is making me understand more about film production and how I could use this kind of detail in other assignments.
Looking back at the work I did for the concept refinement I can see that I have incorporated the ideas that were given to me by the class to make my film a little bit more creative and interesting to the audience. The storyboarding process made me think about the basic levels to create a film, which my concept refinement did not much have detail about, “Storyboards are classified into four principal levels: planning, idea, organization and communication boards,” (Higgens, 1995). As I started my storyboard, I incorporated lots of detail that I did not add before, as well as taking the time to plan it all out so that the storyline is understandable.
Comments
Post a Comment